Year: 1976
Mileage: 38,000
Color: BLACK
Engine size: 844 cc
Fuel: PETROL
Previous owners: 10
Contact seller: Contact form
Description

For very. ery reluctant sale is my 1976 Moto Guzzi 850 T3. I have used this bike regularly up until Sept 2014. Its been superb and I have loved riding it. However I then bought a Norton Commando 961. which made the Guzzi redundant immediately as I haven't ridden any of my other bikes since. I had no plans to sell her but I am now also in the process of buying a classic car and my wife has said one of the bikes (I have several. luckily) has to go and the Guzzi is the obvious candidate. Im still not sure if I can bear to sell it though as I doubt Ill ever see another one like this. Ive had several and they are getting very hard to find. After several requests Ive put a pic of the Norton up too. The Guzzi is a great old girl but it cant compete with that thing.

Originally 1976. 844cc T3 roadster. She has been slightly modified with a lot of the weight taken off her to make her go like an 850 should. The bike has Akront spoked wheels. BMW 36mm CV carbs. which are much better than stock. police single seat. uprated brakes with the linked system removed. open Harley pipes and a rear rack.  Hagon Shocks. nbsp;lower wide bars with tomaselli  throttle housings. braided hoses and an uprated master cylinder make her handle really well and the brakes are top notch. Lightened flywheel.  She sounds like rolling thunder. nothing sounds like an old Italian V Twin on open pipes.

Shes had the stock T3 frame rails. pegs and running gear changed to cali footboards. levers and the essential long sidestand. as the original spring loaded thing was just an accident waiting to happen. Any guzzi enthusiast will warn you of the 'instant accident' sidestand on old non California guzzis.

Cambridge motorcycles carried out the rail and footboard conversion. the other mods were carried out by an Italian shop in the West Country by the previous owner.

MOT is till end Sept. tyres are good and she was serviced in May. by Cambridge motorcycles.  Shes kept garaged and is rust free.

I will be selling a separate box of bits. clocks. pipes. carbs. footrests. frame rails. and piles of other stuff. some of which. but not all. came off this bike.

I reserve the right to end the auction early as the bike is advertised elsewhere. It will also be advertised on the Guzzi owners club website once I can work out how their new Forum works.

If you need any more info or wish to come and see it. please contact me on 07917 865944.

Please don't expect a concourse Leman 1 copy or anything. its a useable 40 yr old Guzzi that I would like to stay on the road and it has the usual Guzzi issues. no neutral light. real mans clutch. nbsp;heavy. not quick by modern standards. etc.

We are just North of Cambridge near Ely.

Many Thanks

Steve

Many thanks for all your questions. However. nbsp;I don't want a part exchange (unless you own a Rover P5B. Daimler 250 V8 or Jag Mk 2) Im afraid and Im not in a hurry to sell it. so I wont take any low offers from 'traders'. nbsp;as I don't really want to sell her at all.

For those that have asked how loud it is. it was measured at a distance of 1. 5m from the back at a sound level of 121 db.

Also published at eBay.com