Year: 1954
Engine size: 500
Gears: Four-speed manual
Start type: Kick start
Drive type: Chain
Contact seller: Contact form
Description

Triumph T100 1954.

Very much an almost complete matching frame and engine number project. Not been on the road since 1968.

There is no V5 present as the bike was in deep forgotten storage at the time of the change over. However the old original Buff logbook is in my possession. the last tax disc is here and the original number plate is also present.   Retaining the original number should be quite straight forward. good old fashioned form filling and box ticking.

It came to me as a caf?© racer (not my thing) so I decided to take it in a more desert / scrambler direction. The wheels were rebuilt with 19" flanged alloy rims and stainless spokes. Then shod in rarer than rare new old stock 19" Dunlop trials universal tyres. This was also the first year of the very rare and desirable scalloped 8 inch front brake.  The frame has been enamelled and all the original Triumph nuts and bolts cleaned checked and reused. The engine was started and ran good before the big strip down. no issues at all. The mudguards are good used aluminium type. The fuel tank is a new aluminium one with a brass tap. nbsp;fits the job perfect. Exhaust pipes are new old stock. nbsp;Stainless which will require a bit of further fabrication. Infact the bike is mostly loose assembled to show as much the general style and what is there. There is absolutely no "repro crap"  put into this project all old stock and original.  The original oil tank and toolbox are with the bike.   It had no other original tin ware. I have fitted a genuine and old. nbsp;made in USA Bates saddle.

Viewing is encouraged as I want the new owner to be happy with what they are buying. Sometimes enthusiasm out ways ability but I honestly think this is quite a straight forwards project.      

A very rare chance to get your teeth into something worthwhile over the coming winter months.

This is a cash on collection auction and I would also appreciate a speedy payment and collection due to storage issues.

Also published at eBay.com